Child Friendly Slow Cooker Recipe
- 2 Cups Swanson Chicken Broth
- 2 Cups water
- 2 Carrots - sliced
- 1 Celery stick - chopped
- 1/2 Cup white rice
- 2 Tablespoons wild rice (optional)
- 1/2 Pound cut up chicken breast
- 1/8 Teaspoon pepper
- 3 Shakes salt
- 3 1 Bay leaf
Chop the vegetables and chicken breast (use pre-cut chicken pieces if you want). Put the vegetables, chicken and seasoning in the slow cooker crock. Add chicken broth and water. Turn the slow cooker on to "medium", cover the crock with its lid and let the chicken soup cook for 2-3 hours.
Serve with warm biscuits or French bread with butter.
The best cookbooks for
Recipes with fewer than 6 ingredients
Recipes with easy to find ingredients
Grocery shopping lists
Five questions to ask about each cookbook
- Does this cookbook teach the basics? Children need to learn how to accurately measure ingredients, and how hold knives and other cooking utensils, as well as how to carry hot dishes.
- Do I recognize any of the recipes in this cookbook?
- Are the recipes easy for my children to read?
- Is there an illustrated list of pots, pans and other kitchen essentials?
- Will the servings be the right size? Does each recipe feed one person, two people, or a crowd at the local potluck?