Quick Microwave Recipe
Nachos are one of the easiest first recipes for children to learn to cook.
- 2 Tablespoons refried beans
- 3 Tablespoons grated cheddar cheese
- 20 Corn chips
Spoon the refeied beans into a mound in the middle of a microwave safe plate. Microwave the beans on high for 25 seconds. Carefully remove the plate from the microwave and arrange corn chips around the refried beans. Sprinkle cheese over the corn chips and beans. Microwave the nachos on high for 20 - 25 seconds.
Five questions to ask about each microwave cookbook
- Do I recognize any of the recipes in this cookbook?
- Is my microwave powerful enough to cook these recipes?
- Does this cookbook teach me anything new?
- Is there a list of pots, pans and other kitchen essentials?
- Are the recipes easy to read?
- Will the servings be the right size? Does each recipe feed one person, two people, or a crowd at the local potluck?
Although A Man A Can A Plan isn't cooking from scratch, it's a good way to teach children how to use the microwave and has a good range of meals kids can make straight from the pantry.